My Practice

What is psychological therapy?

Psychological therapy (sometimes called ‘talking therapy’) can support you and your family to deal with and understand a range of difficulties. There are lots of different kinds of therapy, and every therapist is different.

I work as a Psychologist, registered with the UK Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). My training is in Clinical Psychology. Clinical Psychologists are trained to doctorate level by the UK National Health Service (NHS) and are skilled at working across the lifespan with children, adolescents, adults and people with learning disabilities. I provide psychological assessment and treatment to English speakers in the Netherlands.

How I work

I highly value collaboration and I work to adapt therapy towards your unique needs. I decide on the best suited treatment approach jointly with you, using evidence based models of psychological theory including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Systemic Family Therapy, Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT), Narrative Therapy, and Mindfulness based cognitive therapy.

In my NHS practice I have provided therapy for children, young people and their families adjusting to a physical health condition. I also provide support, consultation and training to medical teams and schools.

I have an excellent record of engaging children in therapy and I offer support for children and young people individually and/or with their families. I also work with parent(s) alone to help them overcome specific challenges related to supporting their family.

I support children, adolescents, and adults in the adjustment of moving to another country. We can explore the significant change that can accompany re-locating, from being identified as an expat or immigrant, to building on a child’s social skills and making friends within a new culture.

I have represented my profession as a committee member of the Division of Clinical Psychology (London branch). I am passionate about increasing the reach of psychological ideas to outside of the therapy room, and I have played an active role in contributing to policy and guidance, writing articles and presenting at conferences.


  • Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy), Royal Holloway University of London
  • BSc (1st Class Hons) Psychology, University of Leeds


  • Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) - Registration Number PYL34743
  • The British Psychological Society
  • Division of Clinical Psychology
  • The Paediatric Psychology Network UK